The information below gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
We choose to work with the Carre's Grammar School Outreach Programme and by working together we can ensure collaboration and sharing of best practice to engage ALL children in a wide variety of events throughout the year.
Please see the documents below that outline the impact our Sport premium had on our pupils last year and how we intend to spend the funding this year.
The intent of how we spend the funding is split into 4 key areas:
1. Engaging ALL pupils in regular physical activity
2. Creating a high profile for PESSPA across the whole school
3. Increasing confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sport
4. Providing a broad experience of a range of sports and activities for ALL pupils
Schools are required to publish how many pupils within their year 6 cohort are meeting the National Curriculum requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres, use a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations. A full summary can be found in the End of Year PE report.
- 100% of the Yer 6 cohort met the National Curriculum requirement by the end of the school year.
- 82% of the Year 6 cohort met the National Curriculum requirement by the end of the school year.
- 92% of the Year 6 cohort met the National Curriculum requirement by the end of the school year.